Went out for a meal with some new interns the other day.
Can’t believe it was 2 years ago that I was a intern myself.
It was the summer of 2005, I remember telling Pam, (the lady who used to clean my flat in my first year) that I was going to spend my summer in Birmingham on my own. She was in tears and told me that Birmingham is a dangerous place to be on my own.
Bless her.
I reassured her I would be fine.
It was all really exciting.
And scary as well…
I told my American friend, Pat that I don’t think I will make any friends because I am quite shy.
And she gave me the best advice ever ‘All you need is one friend and you will be fine.’
Of course I made more than 1 friend and I was more than fine.
Looking back now, I was this shy intern.
Can’t believe I have come so far. Still am shy as always…
It has been almost a year since I left Warwick.
Time seem to fly by quicker.
It has been tough being on my own.
I find it hard to cry these days. Nothing seems to hurt anymore.
But the floodgates were let loose the other day when I was watching the contestants on Dance X talking about how much they want to win the competition and how much support they have received from their family. That was it. I started sobbing in the kitchen. It might have been the stress of the exams or having suppressed my tears for so long.
Tears have dried up now and I am feeling ‘up’.
Definitely stronger than yesterday.
I miss my family who never stop believing in me, and whose love keeps me going everyday.
I miss the old friends who have been there for me throughout the years.
I have been really bad at remembering birthdays and stuffs like that but everyone at home is constantly in my thoughts and prayers.
I miss lying in my bed room though the wee hours of the night reading a book.
I miss eating food that oozes with love at every mouthful.
I miss just being lazy and pampered like a princess.
I miss being daddy’s spoilt little girl.
I miss the little family prayers we use to do every night.
Strangely I will miss UK….
I will miss the new friends I have made this year.
I will miss my cereal.
I will miss watching Ready Steady Cook when I come back from college.
I will miss the driving lessons.
I will miss the freedom and independence of being on my own.
I will miss the weather which is temperamental like myself.
It has been 4 years and I have grown fond of UK in a strange way.
Going home in 5 days… one special friend that I will definitely miss is Miss Natra Wannathepsakul who is the last of the Warwick Clan remaining this year and sadly she is finally leaving Warwick for good. I was secretly hoping she will stay for another year or two.
Will miss you Ef, hope your hair will always look cool and all your dreams come true.
Sunday, September 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ohh... u're coming back to Malaysia to work? or just for holidays?
countdown!!!
pj... !! no worries. i might even come back in jan and stay in the uk forever. depends if i'm bored of thailand or not. my new hairdo is in ur inbox right now. check it check it.
Post a Comment