Friday, November 10, 2006

Knackered!

Its quite a free day at the office today cause I finished up all my work in the morning and I asked everyone in the team if there is any work for me and nope, no work. So I spent the day revising for the exams, replying e-mails (yes I finally got round to that after so long.), surfing the web,dreaming about going somewhere sunny for a holiday, helped to do some filing, blog...

I feel knackered even though its been quite an easy day at the office today. Absolutely knackered. Maybe I have been working too hard for the past few days. I am growing to love this job. I know I can't believe I am turning into one of those people who love their jobs. I realised that I am quite a workaholic. I love being busy. I love having work to do. Maybe its cause I don't really have much of a life outside work. All the crap about work life balance. There is no such thing about work life balance. Work is part of life. They are not separate therefore it is impossible to balance work with life cause work is a subset of life. I guess I don't have much of a separate life from work. The people I meet at college are from work. The people I meet at the office are from work. The bit of time outside work is spent sleeping, watching TV, occasionally going out for a meal with friends from work... Its all about work! Even after work you hang out with people from work! Just imagine those people who date and marry people from work. They probably love their work till death do us part.

ok enough of moaning about work life balance and the impossible mission to achieve it. I am thankful to have a job and I can't help my growing love for it. The love maybe fiery now but it will probably fade with time. Or will it grow stronger? Ask me in a couple of years time. Hopefully I can tell you that I still love my job. We'll see...

2 comments:

Charlene said...

life goes on..haha

PJ said...

ya life goes on.. its monday again! back to work...im not complaining. work is good. it keeps you goin.