Thursday, October 26, 2006

Genuinely Nice

Welcome to the corporate world where everyone seems nice!

Seriously how many people are actually genuinely nice?

Is being nice something that can be fake easily?

A conversation today made me realise how naïve still I can be. I truly want to believe that people are nice. But now I can’t help but wonder how many people are truly sincerely and genuinely nice.

What lies behind those smiling faces?

I normally have pretty good radar if people are genuinely sincere but these days I am not so sure anymore.

Makes me wonder also if I am becoming fake. I always thought I was real and true but have I really been ? Do people actually think I am fake just because I do nice things? Am I actually being nice because I am genuinely nice or am I just faking it?

I realised that I want to be true and be genuinely nice but it is difficult in this dog eat dog world.

When you are nice people think you are fake.

When you are not so nice people think you are bitch.

Fear, fear, fear…

…as it feels harder and harder to stay true to oneself.

5 comments:

Charlene said...

hmmm guess the most truthful expression we can see is through soemone's eyes..i guess..

Deriku said...

The first sentence sums it up...
Though not everyone may be angels but I believe not everyone are bitches as well so hang in there ;)

Stella said...

I think it's best to stay ourselves like we've always been even if others wear a double mask. not true that ppl consider u fake if u're nice, it's these ppl who're fake themselves =)

Anonymous said...

hey hey...
watever other ppl say cant hurt u..
so..stay true to urself!

Anonymous said...

be yourself my dear =)