This is a long overdue blog post about my first ballet in Birmingham earlier this year.
We got to the Hippodrome like 2 minutes before the performance started. I thought we would never get in there on time but we did on the dot.
Have been wanting to go watch a ballet for a while now. Its just that I feel I should watch them now as the chances of catching one in future will be slimmer. But who knows eh, I might be watching the Nutcracker somewhere in Asia this time next year.
Sylvia is a humourous story about Cupid trying to teach a couple a thing or two about love.I was amazed at how so much emotions could be express from just dancing and music. And the guy that acted as the Count danced with so much force and manliness. I have never seen a man danced with so much macho-ness like seriously. It was a really good show although I thought Part 1 was a wee bit messy. But it got better and better towards the end.
I reckon these people are so freaking good because they are really passionate about what they do. Work to them is probably like a vacation. I was told a lot of successful people enjoy work so much that work is just like play to them. I told Ef that we should all treat work like a vacation. And Ef's response is as pragmatic as ever 'People who say work is like a vacation obviously never worked before.'
Imagine how awesome it will be if we treat work like a vacation.
Everyday will be like a holiday!
I wish I could watch all the ballets and musical performances here before I go. If only I can afford it. The next show that I got discounted tickets for is not till June - its not a show that I have been dying to watch but I got half price corporate tickets. Might as well. Plus everyone is going. So it will be good summer fun!
I wonder if spring will ever arrive cause its gone freezing cold again....
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment