Friday, March 20, 2009

Romantic

I wish upon a wishing star for a job that I truly love - A job that can make a difference and pays reasonably well.

My 18 year old friend remarked that is just a romantic idea of a job. And perhaps they don’t exist.

Hmmm… romantic idea of a job. That never occurred to me ever.

There are people out there who love their jobs. I don’t think they are romantic. Lucky maybe? Perhaps they are just people who know what they want.

Recently many of my friends got married, engaged or met someone special. I am so happy for them. I think it is Amazing that 2 people meet and fall in love. Even if it doesn’t last forever, there will always be many cherished memories. Like the first time he calls, the first kiss, the many special moments….

The end of a relationship can be painful. It is just like a ring that you have always worn. Suddenly you stop wearing it but you still strangely feel as if the ring is there. But the truth is it is not. You still think of that person occasionally and wonder if he is well. He still haunts you in your thoughts and in your dreams. But I guess through time you get use to the ring not being there. Likewise the ghost of the past will stop haunting you over time.

There is no such thing as a wasted relationship, only a broken relationship. It is amazing to meet someone, fall in love – even if the love was just for a moment, even if he had hurt you deeply, even when you look back and felt used or betrayed.

And you wish him well and you hope you get well too as you continue to wish upon a star…..

P/s – I am not cliché by the way. Heck maybe I am but I love being cliché. Oooops… can’t believe I just typed that.

No comments: